My little sister watched then read this a little bit ago and went on and on about it. I would go and look at it at the library...but it was such a big book I just couldn't bring myself to pick it up. Finally, I just went for it...I mean I have read big books before and I ran out of things to read.What a great story! Although this doesn't beat out Pride and Prejudice or Uncle Tom's Cabin but it is still a great book. It is on my top ten for sure.
It follows a young woman's life from being a small orphaned child in an awful home to a young woman trying to find her place in the world. The first part about her youth felt a little long at times, but once she grew up and the love story began (oh yes a love story!) I couldn't stop thinking about this book and I was so excited for nap time when I could read it. More then once I called my sister up to say "who does she end up with, it better be him and not him." Being the cruel sister she is, she wouldn't tell me a thing! I can't wait to see the movie. This is another book I want for my library at home. It's a great one!

Oh, and just in case reading a classic isn't cultured enough for you....here is a little extra POW. I think its a movie...but still made me laugh.
3 comments:
I just checked this one out! I haven't had a chance to start it yet though! But now I'm looking forward to it! Love ya
One of the movies (I think there are two) is actually kind of freaky. It scares me every time even though I know what is coming. I do want to read the book though.
I love this book too.
Post a Comment