Thursday, November 25, 2010

Week of Thanks part 4

What a weird Thanksgiving Day it has been for us. Being sick, really puts a damper on things. I will say that on this day of thanks I have a lot to be grateful...about as much as any other day really. BUT...

Today I am Thankful for a good attitude. That can turn a bummer situation into something so great and something to chuckle at.

Today I am Thankful for my family. I am not going to gush on and on about them, although I could. I am part of a great, wonderful family-I sure love them.

Today I am Thankful for new shoes.

Today I am Thankful to know that I can wake up tomorrow and find a whole new list of reason to be filled with gratitude. (phew that's a long one)

Said one well-known author “Both abundance and lack [of abundance] exist simultaneously in our lives, as parallel realities. It is always our conscious choice which secret garden we will tend … when we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that’s present—love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature, and personal pursuits that bring us [happiness]—the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth.” I copied this from a friends blog because I love it (duh)

I hope that your Thanksgivings were a little more traditional than mine...but just as memorable.

No comments: