Thursday, February 21, 2013

Poor Baby

Recently...well probably about 6 weeks ago...Ryan's terrible mom wasn't paying attention and Ryan touched the HOT fireplace at my parents house.  Oh it was awful.  Three of his little fingers where burned and instantly blistered.  He was in such pain that night and over the next 24 hours it was terrible.  At the same time I am amazed at his bounce back ability.  His index finger was the worst off with a blister on the tip and then a 2nd blister the length of his finger, there was two blisters on his 2nd finger but both were small and one on the middle finger.  It was a terrible night...I hated seeing him in so much pain and there wasn't much I could do for him.  For the next few days I worked hard to keep it clean, covered in burn ointment and a sock in hopes of it not getting dirty and popped or anything.  I did pretty good for a few days...but the big one did eventually pop right before bed, and by morning his finger was tender, red and swollen.  So we headed to the Dr and Ryan spent the next week like this:

 It didn't slow him down much...but he was so excited to have it off for good.  It is nearly 100% healed now, with no scars or anything left behind.

Since it is such a sad story...here are some cute bath pictures.

What I want you to think it looks like

What it really looks like
 I really have enjoyed Ryan's bath time in the kitchen sink.  For one my two older kids no longer fight over who gets to share a bath with him and I am able to clean up dinner while he soaks in the sink....it is great.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

you're admission of real life behind the camera made me laugh. :)