Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Ryan's Baby Blanket Complete!

FINALLY!  I started Ryan's blanket in the heat of the summer...so smart I know.  I love how it turned out.  Kind of crazy, but yet not too much.  I didn't follow a pattern but made it all up myself (yeah I am proud).  I have a hard time with boy quilts coming out a little on the girly side or really dark but I think this one is all boy and bright and cheery.  I love it.  It is hard to see the stitching on the back BUT the hand quilting turned out great...it is one of my favorite parts of a quilt. 


 I have started stitching little sayings or messages into the quilts I make and I love how this one turned out.  If you can't read it it says " you are loved so much by so many."
 
Did you just sigh because it is absolutely sweet?
 
Me too.
 
 
Well...now I need to start Jared's quilt and then Nora.  Hopefully I can get to work and have them done by Christmas.  Hopefully.

4 comments:

Jonathon and Sarah said...

Wow! I am super impressed. It is beautiful and ALL BOY! I especially love the little saying. What a clever idea.

Heidi Henderson said...

oh my heavens girl! I love the quilt! I love the pattern! YOu will have to teach me!!! So impressed! My mom would be super impressed! You are just impressive... what more can I say :)

Susie said...

BRAVO!!!!! Very nicely done!! And all that hand stitching is absolutely priceless!!

Amanda said...

"Did you just sigh because it is absolutely sweet?"

no, it was a "gasp! where'd she find the time to hand stitch that phrase?!" Then feel slightly guilty about child #2's quilt that's been ignored for the past year. but only slightly.