Mother's Day this year won't soon be forgotten. I have decided it becomes more sweet as the kids grow older. All Sunday morning I was hugged and kissed. And every now and then throughout the day Jared would turn to me and say "Mom I just love you. Happy Mother's Day." Very sweet. The kids gave me a fire pit for the back yard which I am excited about and Dave gifted me with the 4th season of Big Bang Theory (our guilty pleasure! love that show) and he made breakfast.yum.
But there was a grey cloud on our happy, bright day.
As we were leaving to go to church I noticed the car window was shattered. I initially thought that a child had thrown a rock at the window. Bummer. I turned around to point it out to Dave and Jared quickly said "it wasn't me" perhaps I ask him what happened too often making him feel like I think he is the guilty party. I don't always think that - he is just the oldest. Something I need to work on I guess.
Anyway...
I started at the broken glass kind of confused until Dave walked over and saw that ALL of his fishing gear had been stolen out of the car. And when I say all of his fishing stuff I mean ALL OF IT. He sent the kids and I on to church (you don't mess with a man who has been robbed) and Dave called the police. Needless to say we both were sick that someone would do this to us and were feeling good amount of anger.
Now we get to become besties with the insurance company and Dave will go shopping to replace all his stolen gear. It is amazing the different kinds of emotions we have felt during the last few days. From anger, to fear, to amazement (not the good kind), disgust, shock, and really really sad....but usually we come full circle and end with a little anger. Don't get me wrong we aren't walking around angry. Everything can be replaced..we are safe and that is what matters.
After church we headed out to my parents house to finish up the up and down Mother's Day. We ended the day on a good note with yummy food and great people to eat it with.
What a day. I hope next year we can just focus on me!
*Since writing this the police have found who it was (although they hadn't found him and made an arrest yet). The insurance check should be in the mail soon and Dave is getting excited to buy some new fishing gear. I am thinking I should get paid for cleaning up all that glass...I charge A LOT! It is amazing how something can seem so consuming at the time, and now a week later is taken care and not a huge deal. We are still very caustious about our doors being locked (like they ussually are) our blinds being closed and nothing being left in the car. I don't know about Dave, I am not worried that they bad man will return, but I do still have bad dreams about them coming back. I don't like those.
3 comments:
That does stink! And on Mother's Day! I'm a little shocked it happened in Crimson Point!?!
That is so sad! I hope your insurance is going to replace everything for you.
Yuck!! Nothing worse than feeling violated. I think that's what bothers us most when things like that happen. Our sense of safety is attacked and its terrible people do that over silly stuff like fishing gear.
Glad you had lots of sunshine with your cloud and that its all taken care of!
Post a Comment