Sunday, March 4, 2012

Just Something to Look At

Who needs a battery powered swing when I have two kids who turn it off so they can push Ryan? These two kids LOVE their little brother. They love to hold him, kiss him, help in anyway with him...in fact they are happy to throw away his dirty diapers (for now). Ryan is a lucky little boy to have such great older siblings. I just love this little guy. I mean look at him...don't you?
Poor Nora.One of the first mornings of my having the kids home ALL DAY I made them pancakes for breakfast. yum. I felt like super mom...until I asked Nora to unplug the griddle (something she has done many times before). Something went wrong and to my horror as she unplugged it the griddle slide off the counter and onto my sweet girl. It was awful to watch and not be able to do anything. I scooped her up and she was burnt pretty bad on her hand and wrist. The amazing thing is that the burn on her hand was in the pattern of little flowers. It was hard to get a good picture but if you look close you can see little flowers on her hand. AMAZING. I still can't figure out how that happened. But I am grateful that it did (the flowers not the burn). When ever it started to hurt so bad (which was a lot that day) we would take a look at her pretty flowers and it would make Nora forget to cry and giggle instead. Towards the end of the day she came up to me crying and said "mom I don't like the flowers anymore."

It is healing very nicely...just so you know. She is a tough girl.

Dave and I also celebrated our 7th Anniversary!! I tell you what...nothing kills celebrating an anniversary like having a brand new baby. We didn't go anywhere or do much of anything which was okay it was on a Sunday so we didn't have much of a choice. Some of our favorite people came over to visit us...which we thought was pretty great! They also brought us awesome brownies...what more could a couple want?

The 7th anniversary is a copper anniversary...thus the message in pennies! That was my gift to Dave...I went all out! Watch out 8 is bronze or pottery - oh the possibilities.

4 comments:

The Ainas said...

Did your Grandpa & Grandma Mason give you that rocker that Nora is sitting in? Because they gave us one that looks the exact same when we had Abby. :) We love it and will always treasure it. :)

April said...

Such good brother and sister! I am so sorry about poor Nora! I hate burns! They always are bad! If you keep lavender essential oils around it work wonders. I hope she is feeling better!

Happy 7th Anniversary to Dave and you!!!!

Heidi Henderson said...

OH man... Poor Nora... but what a cool visit you must have gotten if they brought you yummy brownies... wink wink!

all about the girls said...

Happy Anniversary to your sweet family!!!