Sunday, June 7, 2009

Top Five

This weekend we took a trip to Oregon to visit Dave's family. It was wonderful! I have the best kids in the world. They were either happy or sleeping to and from Oregon! Seriously, we only heard cries when Nora was in need of a new diaper or if she had somehow managed to swipe Jared's burp rag. Everything in between was great too. Here are our top five (in no specific order)!

1-A Picnic in Heaven. Seriously it was a beautiful picnic place. The adopted cousin's grandparents (follow that one) own a spot of land where they have made a beautiful pond stocked with fish, a BBQ, deck, beautiful landscape, comfy seating, lots of grassy openness, and yummy yummy food. It was simply a great place and wonderful time! I want to go back!

2-Watching Jared catch his first fish. I have to admit that this is Dave's favorite part since I was sitting in the car waiting for Nora to finish her nap. But Jared did in fact catch a fish. Call him I am sure he will tell you all about it. It was about 14 inches long! HUGE I KNOW. he did have some help from a proud Daddy!

3-OMSI. Or Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. It was an amazing place, hands-on and fun. The only problem was that we didn't have enough time to spend there. Thank goodness there is next time.

4-Silver Falls. Spectacular. After spending Stark family time we were able to meet up with Hyrum and Allie and take a hike around Silver Falls National Part. We saw One awesome waterfall and then hiked another .9 miles to a rather wimpy waterfall. We went about 2.5 miles...not bad, BUT Dave had Jared one his shoulders and Hyrum had Nora in a front carrier. Needless to say we were in awe of the falls, the forest and the fact that we didn't die on the hike :)

5-Family! We are truly blessed to have such wonderful family. We wish they would all move to Idaho. It was such a treat to see all the cousins get together and play. Such a treat to be able to visit with everyone-here is hoping it isn't long before we do it again.

Note-no pictures. bummer I forgot my camera...who does that? I was so sad, there were so many things I wanted to capture, but alas we will only have great memories of this one. Here is hoping that never happens again.

3 comments:

Mendel Family said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!!! I am loving the idea of the picnic place you described! And congrats to the little man on catching his first fish!

Bethany said...

I loved OMSI and Silver Creek Falls as a kid. Two of my very favorite places to go. I'm jealous. I want to take my kids there (and I wish my kids travelled that well)!!!! Sounds like you had a great trip.

Anonymous said...

OHHH man, SOOO FUN!! I love me some Oregon! OMSI+Silver Creek Falls=best trip ever!