Saturday, April 6, 2013

random moments of bliss

Most of our days are the same.  Jared goes to school (every other day).  We do some chores, work really hard to avoid others (chores not people).  Undo whatever we just cleaned.  Make food, eat food, clean it up.  Play.  Read.  Watch PBS.  practice piano. Take naps, make bed, get dressed...you know normal every day stuff.  


Nearly everyday (not always...but mostly) I turn around to find myself in the random moments of bliss.  Those are the moments that as a mom I hold dear because they make the hard parts of the day worth it. 

Here are a few:
 
 Ryan...ahhh sweet Ryan.  His personality is blooming and we fall more and more in love with him.  I have the feeling he is going to have to goodness of Jared with a good dose of teasing that Nora has.  He can be so funny.  The other day we had a neighbor in our fan and he said "hi bob" or something like that to Ryan.  Who quickly stuck out his tongue and made a noise...and then giggled.  There is a good chance he will be more of a tease.
Ryan is also walking all over!  He started taking steps before our trip to Bear Lake, upon our return he decided it was for the birds and went back to crawling.  A week ago or so he got back to it and is now a pro.  He has a better chance at keeping up with the big kids and he tries really hard to stick close to them.

Okay so I am realizing that bliss has really been Ryan...or at least what I take pictures of...but don't let that fool you.  My others have given me plenty to smile about.

They love hanging out with each other...especially if I tell them they can't play with friends.  Jared and Nora will shut themselves in their rooms and play Primary, school or just dance.  And recently they have started including Ryan in their fun.

Nora recently told us she had a dream about unicorns and bubbles.  How awesome is that?

I took the kids shopping for curtain fabric and Jared picked out a map of the world!  yeah I have that awesome of a kid he "wants to learn about where places are."  How could I say no to that?  Especially when the other fabric he picked was flames.

I am pretty sure Ryan is saying "this" and "that" and "Dadda" and "Nana" and I think he is avoiding "mama" on purpose.  I am trying not to be offended since I know that once he starts saying it he won't stop, but still.

Ryan gives hugs and kisses and has been for a while...a long while really!  They are something so special.  He will grab my face or around my neck open his mouth really wide and kiss me.  Most often without prompting.  He also LOVES to kiss the kids good night.  He has been blowing kissing for a while now. 

I could go on...but for now I will stop
Isn't this the great group of kids

1 comment:

C and A said...

So about the world... if you want I can send some stuff from Japan once we get there. ;) Just FB me your address and any suggestions of things you want if you have any. But no pressure if you don't want to.