Saturday, March 9, 2013

Dallin Gets Baptized

Last weekend my nephew was baptized!  He is the first on my side of the family and has set a wonderful example for the rest of his growing cousins for sure!

Dave sadly had to work and do some homework the same weekend and couldn't come.  Jeanette's husband has been deployed, and Hyrum had to work late and couldn't leave until really late Friday night.  So where does that leave Jeanette and her 3 kids, Allie and her two and myself with our 3 kids?

In a 15 passenger van!

My awesome parents rented a van and drove us all there.  We were 5 adults and 8 kids!  I am guessing that that good people at McDonalds might have thought my dad was a polygamist or something walking in with 4 ladies and a bunch of kids.  Pretty funny if you ask me.

Anyway, it ended up going better than I thought it would.  Very few break downs by the babies and amazingly enough the didn't ever cry all at once.  So nice of them.  Tad has a beautiful home and a gorgeous area...my word it was perfect.  We arrived a perfectly clean home...within 5 minutes the 11 kids in the house changed that!  It took about 45 minutes before Ryan joined in the cousin fun.

At about 1 am Ryan woke up burning hot!  Needless to say it was a long night for the two of us.  He finally did fall asleep in bed with me, only to wake up because he fell headfirst into the crack between the bed and the wall.  Poor baby.

Saturday was a fun day filled with sledding, a walk on the frozen Bear Lake and a baptism!  Perfect!  Ryan and I tried to stay in as much as possible...in and away from the other kids.  But I didn't get some sledding in.  Jared and Nora went on without me to the lake (thus the lack of pictures).

Saturday night Ryan's fever hit 104!  At least now he had meds in him.

Sunday Ryan and I stayed back from church while my kind family took my kids with them. and then we headed home.

I think it is easier to be home with a sick baby than away.  Ryan is feeling much better now and as a result as a new tooth!













1 comment:

Katie Bell said...

Sorry Ryan was sick...nothing beats a road trip in a 15 passenger van, I always say.