Thursday, November 22, 2012

With a Thankful Heart

I think I have strep throat.  I have been sick now for 4 days with a fever coming and going like it is fun.  Strep wasn't a real thought until yesterday though so I never went to a doctor in time to get me drugs in my system.  Here is it Thanksgiving, the 2nd yummiest holiday ever!  I have spent much of the day solo.  Although I have spent a good part of the time napping I also have spent it thinking of what I have to be grateful for. 

Here is a few of my thoughts.

  • I have three wonderful children.  Jared has been so helpful, Nora so sweet and Ryan has taken long naps and been such a happy baby. 
  • Dave is so sweet.  The poor man has to work and I can hear it in his voice over the phone how badly he wishes he could take care of me.
  • I have a beautiful home.
  • Wonderful neighbors
  • and I belong to a Ward that is filled with amazing people.
  • I was able to go to the Performance for the Prophet in celebration of the Boise Temple being re-dedicated.
  • I was able to go to the Temple Re-dedication
  • I have been married for 7 years 9 months...each one wonderful
  • I have been raised by goodly parents.
  • My mom has taken my kids for 2 nights now so that I can rest.
  • I was given chicken noodle soup on my door step by someone.  They left their own Thanksgiving Celebration to show me they care.
  • My mini van.
  • Chocolate.
  • All the Thanksgiving left over sitting in my house
  • Wonderful, amazing extended family
  • Jared's Kindergarten Teachers
  • Good movies
  • wonderful young women leaders
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ
  • To live in a country that is free and filled with good people
  • my shoes
  • blankets
  • Christmas
  • Music...right
  • That Dave plays the piano so well.
  • Children who love to dance to music
  • my pergola (is that how you spell it?  it sure is fun to say)
  • the back yard...it is wonderful and the future of it looking great.  trees, trampoline, flowers, garden.  Makes me happy just thinking about it.
  • memories
  • my past that helped make my present
  • The high morals and standards that my parents taught me, and then expected me to live.  It made hard descions easy, and life filled with a lot more laughter than tears.
  • my brothers.  I have great brothers.  Amazing brothers.
  • Jeanette.
  • wonderful sister-in-laws...or is it sisters-in-law?  either way they are great.
  • The Modern Family and The Parenthood tv shows.  I know it is tv...but they make me laugh and cry and that is great.
  • sweet treats and yummy food
  • my bed
  • That there is a living Prophet on the Earth today and even more importantly that I know with an assurity of the truthfulness of this.
  • BBQ and dutch ovens
  • that my husbands amazing ability to cook (I am not grateful for the mess he usually leaves behind but I guess I can't have it all)
  • Did I mention my children? I love them to the moon and back and then back again a few times.
I could go on and on.  We all can.  We all have so much to be grateful for...if you don't think so get sick and then sit alone for a few hours while others take care of you.

Happy Thanksgiving.
(I am sure there are typos...deal with it I am ill)

2 comments:

Matt and Jeanette said...

actaully, the typos were pretty much in check! :) I made the list! Wow, I am grateful that you are grateful for me. Good list! Hope you are feeling better!

D'Neill said...

What a fun list! Thanks for sharing!