I am here to tell you today that not matter how hard it can be sometimes to drag yourself out of bed, feed the kids and yourself, get everyone ready for church and out the door on time it is TOTALLY worth it to be at church. I mean there are the obvious reason like being taught, being obedient, taking the Sacrament, seeing friends, and feeling the Spirit. Those are all awesome reasons to be at church everyone...not only awesome but THE reasons to be at church. BUT today I will be adding another reason for me to be at church:
While sitting in Sunday School (for the first time in 2 years 7 months) with no teacher we were chatting it up and a friend turned to me and said "did you loose a Gnome?" I just about started to cry when I said "yes" and started in on how sad it was to loose such a treasure. And then the wonderful woman said "it is in our car." I just about jumped out of my seat and hugged her!
Apparently, her son went on a date with my cousin and they decided to take the gnome with them on their adventure and take pictures of the whole thing! So in other words Gnorman the Gnome is not only okay but he has now entered the dating scene!
I told them that Gnorman is allowed to date as long as he is back at his spot in a timely fashion (and no 2 months late is NOT timely). I just hope that he gets asked out again...and the returned. I am sure he will be returned soon! And yes, I am giggling on the inside!
Isn't that just about the greatest thing EVER?!?!?!
*oh and if you are confused you can go here and then here for the history of Gnorman the Gnome.
4 comments:
o wow
You are so funny! I'm so glad you found Gnorman. I'm just curious...who's car was it in?
That is fantastic.
I echo D'Neill...whose son took the gnome?!?! Knowing how the story turned out, it would've been very funny for you to put missing posters up around the 'hood.
Post a Comment