Saturday, December 11, 2010

This month...

a little bit ago we had 6 inches of snow fall from the sky and land in our neighborhood. who knows if it was anywhere else...we didn't leave the house for about a week. during that week we had our fun!we started out by bringing the snow in! such a fun thing to do with the kids. they didn't want to get dressed yet and I didn't either so we filled up a bowl full of snow and played and played and played! yes, it made a HUGE wet mess...and it was fantastic.we finally made it outside to play and some of our friends were heading off to go sledding down the road so, we grabbed the only sled we had (a small cookie sheet) and went to join them. as it turns out the cookies sheet was as lame as it looked. thankfully our friends are the sharing type. Jared and Nora are the two on the sled! they had so much fun, once they realized it was so frightening.
a few days later they had lots of fun throwing snow at the window! that's my kind of snowball fight!
since we were stuck instead most of the time we made a few things. this is one of them! I think they turned out so cute. the kids love theirs. we now have three of these beauties hanging on our tree. (if you can't tell it is a button wreath)

once Christmas comes and goes I will welcome another 6 or 7 inches to fall in our yard again!

2 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

I like the play with snow in the kitchen idea. I think I'll have to try it.

Mendel Family said...

How fun! I want Luke to come and play with your kids in the snow!!!