Monday, August 2, 2010

once we got home...last update

After all the fun of the reunion we finally made it back home. It was great to be home, but I wasn't ready to return to "normal" life, aka laundry and cleaning. One morning Nora found my make-up bag and with it my tooth brush, I found her multi-tasking! What an amazing little girl!
We also had another birthday party with the Zeyer side. Lucky little lady got TWO birthdays. I hope she doesn't think that next year she will be getting 3.Her cake is obviously a ladybug cake. Personally I think it turned out great. Nora loved it too. The morning of her party she wouldn't eat breakfast without it sitting in front of her on the table. Every time she looked at it she would point and yell "mom ook BUG"
Jared and Spencer ate the ladybugs head..gross!

With every present she opened she sat on the person's lap that giver her the gift, it has made pictures ALOT of fun to look at. This is Felipe, he has been visiting my parents this summer from Mexico. He has been so great to the kids playing with them all the time. They will be so sad when he leaves.

In July we also:

Went to slack time at the rodeo! cuddled up with a new slip'n slide

(this was one of Nora's birthday presents)


Kept the A/C all night long
just hung out!

Life is pretty sweet! I have to say I have a great family and they make life so wonderful! I love those moments in motherhood where I am able to step back and see the blessings in my life. It seems that in the last few weeks/month I have been able to feel and see Heavenly Father blessing me over and over. What a wonderful gift it is.

*p.s. I think I am pretty much caught up! Hopefully Baby Owen pictures will be coming soon but until then you can go here to see one of the cutest baby boy! click on it...it will kind of be like your reward for making it to the end of yet another LONG post.

6 comments:

Amber said...

I love that ladybug cake. So cute!

Mendel Family said...

That cake is amazing!!! I love it!

all about the girls said...

That cake is so cute!!! And I love that she saat in the lap of the person the present was from to open...I am so stealing that!!!

Melinda said...

I love the cake - you did it yourself? I'm impressed! I think it'd be awesome to have two birthday parties; what a lucky girl!

April said...

Your cake is amazing! Sounds like a great summer so far. Can't wait to read more!

Susie said...

I love her wrapped in the slippn' slide! Reading this post made me kunasick! I really need to get over there for a visit!! :0)