Friday, August 6, 2010

Band of Sisters

Band of Sisters
By Annette Lyon
This is a book about 5 LDS women who are all at different stages of life but are all dealing with their husbands being deployed to Afghanistan. At the request of their husbands they form a lunch group and at the same time a support group. Each woman is dealing with an issue or two of her own besides their husbands absence. Their trials bind them together as the women help each other get through everything coming their way
I have to admit that I didn't enjoy this book. I am sure part of it is because I can't relate to a deployment and maybe of the issues these ladies were going through also didn't relate to me very well. It was a nice story about friendship, it didn't do much for me.
*having said that, I must say that I am an awe of the mothers and wives of soldiers. They must have amazing strength and faith to deal with deployment. I am grateful for the men and women who protect this Nation...just because I didn't like this book doesn't change that.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

I've heard it's not all that great from wives of soldiers too. A little forced or something. So, you don't have to feel bad. ;)