Saturday, July 31, 2010

Stark Family Reunion

You thought that after Nora's birthday the party was over. NOPE it was just beginning! The next day we headed off to the Stark Family Reunion (thus the title). This was the first Stark Reunion that I have gone to since marrying into the family. I will say one thing about this family now that I have met and hung out with them for a few days in a row...they are wonderful! I have always be grateful for marrying Dave for more reasons that I will count on a blog, but at the reunion I met a whole bunch more. I love the Stark Family...such a great group of people. Not to mention they are pretty fun too (oops I think that was two). Regardless it was a GREAT reunion and we can't wait for the next one! This was a great reunion because (in no particular order):
1. The place
This is were we stayed! Such a beautiful home with an awesome pond and ginormous yard! Thanks Tani and Elton!
2. Grandpa Stark
The best Grandpa EVER!
2. the pond
3. Cousins and Aunts and Uncles

When we got there the kids discovered a bit of beach...they dove right now...no need waiting for swimwear!

Nora eating at the big kids table.
Nora and the tattoo artistNot all moments are happy at a reunion.
We:
*went on a hike/nature walk depending on the age of the person you talk to
*had a fishing derby for the kids where I am pretty sure some of the "kids" where married with children of their own.
*kayaks
*fishing
*ate a lot of cookies-the Starks are cookie LOVERS!
*enjoyed yummy food
*played one of the funnest, silliest animal games
*played in the pond
*slip and slid
*water baseball (I do believe Aunt Nita was the best part of that game)
*sat, chat and laughed through the day
...and then we went home.

1 comment:

Susie said...

LOVE it!! LOVE the pictures!! Love your cute kids!! What a fun reunion!!