I have to say that besides Christmas the 4th of July is my favorite Holiday! I love the fun, the parade, the picnics, running into old friends, the food and FIREWORKS!!
We start out the celebrations right with the Melba Parade!
To start off we have the Citizens of the Year!
But wait who is that? look closer.
Mom and Dad are Citizens of the year!
It was so fun to see them drive by, and to be honored in such a way for all the many things they do. I was so proud! Mom said after words that "it was so fun to sit up there and wave to everyone...even if all they wanted was a piece of candy"
This is just one small leg of the parade...check out all the people who showed up to see my parents! There were blocks left to go and they all looked like this! Yep, that's right Melba rocks and you all want to come next year! As you should!
a REAL parade has lots of tractors!!!
and LOTS of CANDY!!!
The kids made out pretty good.
Is it me or are they especially cute?!
After the parade it was off to play some games...
Then a family picnic, where I was far too busy eating and chatting it up to take a picture
Jared was big enough to participate in the chicken run! He tried really hard, but it was a no go this year. He was so disappointed when it was over and he didn't have one. Poor kid.
Jared's awesome Uncle Spencer (who doesn't like to be called "Uncle") knew just what to do to cheer him up. Jared's parents were far too cheap to let him right the tractor ride, but Spencer has $$$ so Jared got his ride. He handled all the turns like a pro. I am pretty sure this was is favorite part of the day.
Thanks UNCLE SPENCER!
Before the LAST picnic of the day and the fireworks Mom and Dad were honored with a plaque and some things were said about them at "the stage." Beth Cole did a wonderful job sharing how awesome Mom and Dad are.
We also learned that 30 years ago, Grandpa Zeyer was given the first ever Citizen of the Year Award.
They are my heroes without a doubt.
AND THEN THE FIREWORKS! Oh man they make me giggle!
7 comments:
Your parents are awesome! So glad you guys are having so much fun! That pic of the fireworks is great! Love ya!
I want to be citizen of the year! Geez, how cool is that!? Melba seems like such a fun little town to live in. Your family is as cute as ever!
I'd have to agree. The 4th of July is one of my favorites too! AND even though I think my kids are the cutest in the world...(but doesn't every mom?) your kids ARE definetly especially cute!! Thats so cool about your parents...and grandpa! You have an amazing family!
Thanks a lot! Now I'm dreadfully homesick. Congrats to your parents!
I thought it was about time they got it!! I love it when great people get the recognition they deserve!!
AND YES those kidos are the cutest! I love how you did Nora's hair- she looks so grown up!
Hey, from the pictures I think I was sitting right next to you at the parade. I saw your two olders brothers but not your cute little family. That's crazy.
I love that your parents were the citizens of the year! That is awesome. It looks like it was a great parade. I have driven some of my granddad's tractors in the 4th of July Rexburg parade before.
Post a Comment