I am a HUGE Jerry Spinelli fan! My most favorite is STARGIRL. This is a book I think everyone should read...three times! Although most of his books that I have read leave me thinking, "huh, that was different." But they ALWAYS leave me thinking, which is great. Smiles to Go was no different. It wasn't on any list that I am reading from. I couldn't find a certain book and in my search I found this one. It is a nice story about a high school boy dealing with growing up. Glad I read it. and I would suggest finding Jerry Spinelli and reading some of his books, but if you are going to pick just one make it STARGIRL. 
This was a great one. I loved the story line...although I am pretty sure this book as ensured that I will never go to the mall the day after Thanksgiving or during any other HUGE sale. But honestly, that's okay with me. I loved the narrator's voice in this book. His style of writing and sense of humour was interesting. It is a mystery, but its not all nasty and filled with awful language like I have come to expect. It was great. I am so excited to get myself back to the library and get the next book!
This is one to read people!
*I think its time for a classic*
2 comments:
Jerry Spinelli is my favorite. I absolutely love Maniac Magee. I read it every year to my students and can't wait to read it to Elsa. I will have to pick this one up to read for sure.
I love Stargirl! I should read more of his books. And my mom has read the Odd Thomas books, and told me to. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I need to become better friends with my library. (It kind of has a lame selection though)
Post a Comment