Friday, June 11, 2010

Elantris

Elantris
By Brandon Sanderson
I am the farthest thing from a SiFi fan. Up until now I have never even picked one up at the library to even look at the cover, in fact i pretty much stay away from that section...you know they are weird stories about weird people (if the are even people). But when a friend suggested I read this book, I thought "why not my last few books have been losers" figuring I would add to the list of books I never want to see again I went to that strange Science Fiction section and took the book home.

BOY OH BOY was I wrong. From the beginning the book caught my attention. If fact, this morning I was about 20 pages away from finishing and I almost skipped a shower to read. It has killed me this week to pay attention to my household duties and more than once Dave come home with no dinner ready, or even thought of. oops.

As far as SiFi goes its not as weird as you would think. In fact the weirdest thing were the names they came up with. It was such a fun book to read and I loved it right down to the last page. It is interesting and has a great moral.

I highly suggest you read this one! Even if Science Fiction isn't your thing, this is worth it.
*totally forgot that I read Ender's Game and the sequel in HS. It was long enough ago I should re-read them.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Oooh, I may have to find this one when we get settled. You should read "Enchantment" by Orson Scott Card. It's a kind of a sci-fi fairy tale. Very good book! It was SO good to talk to you yesterday!!!

Elizabeth & Matthew said...

I was surprised when I saw this title on your blog. My brother-in-law actually just bought this book for Matthew and me. He dated the author's niece for about 5 years. I haven't finished it yet but my husband stayed up until 2 one morning finishing it.

Bethany said...

This is on my list of books to try. I think I'll move it closer to the top. Thanks again my dear little friend! :)

Jelllo said...

Yay!!! I'm glad you liked it and got to finish it! And it makes me happy to see that you actually wrote a post about it. :) Seriously, it's addicting, eh? I stayed up til 2:30 one morning reading it. Don't you think it'd make such an awesome movie?? I still haven't been able to visit the sci-fi section, though. Still weirds me out. Haha.

I saw that one of your friends suggested "Enchantment." That was also a pretty good one. Have you read "Ender's Game?"

Spencer and AnnaMarie said...

Another shot out for you reading Ender's Game. I felt the same way about Sci Fi, until I read that one.

The Leonards said...

This book looks great. I LOVE Sci-fi. I first got hooked on the Wheel of Time Series which Brandon Sanderson actually finished since the Author, Robert Jordon, passed away. It is a great series (well the first 5 and last 3, there are 12 books right now)and I highly recommend reading it!