I finally went back to my list of classic to read click on my link to see what books to read next and the link is gone. GONE. What? how can a library just cancel a link? Don't they know someone is using it? how RUDE!
One of the struggles I had with this goal was that reading only classics can get boring. No offense to people who love them, but its true they can be long and boring.
I don't want to ditch to goal, at all. It is a pretty great goal. I think I am just going to give myself more options, more lists to go off of, that is until the links are gone. And its totally okay for me to change the rules, add or take away books cause there is no deadline on this! Goals without deadlines are the BEST!
TIME's 100 books to read
100 book for kids
Orpah's list (not cause I like her, just because it might have some good ideas)
111 Classics
LDS
So to be more realist and to be more entertained I am now going to pick books off of any one of these list and I will still write a little ditty on the (because its fun to pretend someone cares). If anyone has a book suggestion let me have it! I am ready for a summer of reading.
7 comments:
I'm just proud that you're reading... reading is something I need to do more of! Can't wait to see you this weekend!
I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird for my Boise book club. I've also gotten into the Fabelhaven series. Sarah Addison Allen is an author I've discovered and I enjoyed her 3 books. I just finished The Graveyard Story by something Gaimon.
I just read the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society...super good! It's about day to day life during the German Occupation of the channel islands in England and it's entirely letters. I thought it sounded horrible when it was recommended to me, but I loved it!
I just started reading "Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson. It's my first attempt at reading a fantasy/sci-fi book. I really was not looking forward to it, but I really like it so far. Click on this link to read the back cover of the book:
http://www.amazon.com/Elantris-Brandon-Sanderson/dp/0765350378#reader_0765350378
After reading the first chapter, I was hooked. I think it'd do well as a movie, too. Let me know if you decide to read it.
I have been enjoying the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear....i had to get it on Interlibrary loan since Kuna didn't have it.
good luck!
love,
liz
I care! I think it sounds great. I am trying just to read whatever book we are doing for book club at the time, because when I read I tend to ignore my motherly/household duties! ;) When it is my turn we are going to read The Kommandant's Girl by Pam Jenoff. It's a good one. Have fun, and I am excited to learn of some good books to read/boring books to skip. Thanks for doing all my dirty work!
Keep up the good work! I wish I could read more.. need more time in the day.
The Jane Austen books are good. I have only read a couple, but got a few more for Christmas that I need to crack open.
Good Luck. Oh... and just so you know who cares if people care. Keep posting/writing for YOU. That is what I do. Even when you feel like no one reads it, they do, they just dont say anything. ;) It gets frustrating, but its ok. ;)
Post a Comment