Saturday, November 21, 2009

Grandma Zeyer!

A little bit ago I was in need of a book to read that wasn't from the Romantic Period. I was about 4 days away from "library day" so I had to turn to what I had but hadn't read. What I had was a stack of books from my Grandma Zeyer's "collection." I picked the most intriguing book it was a nice story--my favorite parts where the notes that Grandma had written in the book and the Gradma Zeyer scent that I could smell when ever I opened the book. It was so great. Sometimes I would just sit there and hold the book smelling Grandma. I started missing her...lucky for me I am surrounded by little reminders of her, her life and what was important to her. I thought I would take a moment to share.
These were Grandma's everyday plates...now they are my everyday plates. I love being able to pull them out and think of her.This little dolly was loved by so many cousins! I am so lucky to have it in my home now.

I know some of you didn't know my Grandma Zeyer and this might not be interesting to some of you but all of these things make me think of her, remembering what was important to her and helping me keep the memories I have alive. I am blessed to have the memories I have.

2 comments:

Matt and Jeanette said...

I do love a good Grandma Zeyer

Susie said...

Oh my goodness...I just balled my eyes out and I didn't know your Grandma!! What a moving post!! I very much enjoyed it!!