Monday, October 26, 2009

genuis

A while ago a friend of ours told us about the wonders of Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners. I bought some and then put them in my pantry thinking of them ONLY after I used my crock pot and was cleaning the mess. This winter I got smart and pulled out the liners to test them. Oh my word, they are beyond fabulous! I love them. However, that is not the genius part.
Yesterday I was pretty much down and out with the flu and so Dave was left to get the kids and himself all ready for church as well as get dinner started so it would be ready when he came home. Poor guy. I asked him what he did...he told me he put the ribs in the crock pot (like planned) with BBQ sauce. We were going to bake the carrots and potatoes in the oven but then he told me he put them in the crock pot as well. My first thought was "ewwe gross BBQed carrots". Not what I was looking for after a flu bug. After church Dave started pulling out dinner and the genius had layered two bags in the crock pot!!! So they were able to both cook together but the flavors didn't mix at all. Like always I am so impressed with the brilliant man I married!

5 comments:

C and A said...

Wow! Never would have thought of that. Great idea. Those bags really are life savers when it comes to cleaning... except when one element is really hot and will melt the plastic to the crock. Not fun.

Mendel Family said...

Dang that is a super good idea!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive! Sounds like a really good idea!

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

actually carrots and potatoes with the BBQ sauce is great!....hope you are feeling better!
(of course, Dave is still a genius)

love,
liz

Valerie said...

I love how men think. Well, most of the time at least.