Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Book 4: Selected Tales and Poems by E.A. Poe

I have to admit that on the list it said to read "compiled" or something but the library only had "selected"...I figured it was close enough to count it.

I really enjoyed this book...as long as I didn't read it before I went to sleep that is(or else I had bad dreams). The poems where...well they were poems but the stories were about as interesting as CSI or shows like that (which I love). They were all murder mystery stories and although I liked them at first by the last one I had had my fill for sure. Some of them got a little gruesome and out there...I mean seriously in one short story the narrator was haunted by his cat-maybe Poe was running out of ideas.
After reading this book I have figured out two things about Edgar Allan Poe...besides the fact that he can write a great murder story. 1-Edgar Allen Poe was crazy. He had to be to write all this stuff. Seriously, there wasn't one thing happy in any story or poem. He must have had a rough childhood or something. 2-He wrote for alot of lady magazines so I can only assume women in the 1800s were crazy too. But I am probably wrong since I read it and liked it and we all know I am not crazy.

No comments: