Friday, June 19, 2009

always a good time when the girls get together

Right after our fun trip to Oregon I flew off to Virginia with Jared, Nora and Nana! We spent 10 days with my sister, Jeanette. Allie, Kristin, Dallin, and Maddie came along for the fun too. It was wonderful to say the least. I will admit that there were a few days when Jared and Nora had had enough, but they pushed through those bad days and ended on a great note. It was so wonderful seeing so much family and it is always a good time when the girls get together to play.
The plane ride was an adventure in itself.No trip is complete without a Virginia rain! The smell and sound is fabulous...we were even lucky enough to enjoy some hail as well. I love a good Virginia rain.Another must is catching fireflies at night. Jared and Dallin had so much fun...as did the mosquitoes. However, I am not sure how excited the fireflies were. We have arrived!
We braved the Metro quite a few times with four kids in four strollers I am sure we made a few people frustrated, but it was worth it. We also mastered the art of fitting 10 people (including Jeanette's baby) in the elevator! Yes, we are amazing.
Jared loved the Metro too. Especially when he could hold on!
Jeanette's baby shower!
These two had a great time at Jeanette's shower too!
(I do believe Nora's diapers have proven themselves.)

Grandma and Aunt Bo are some of my favorite people. It was such a treat to listen to them talk about their childhood together. They are so funny!
I love this picture. Nana with her boys. These two loved being with Nana.

Another one of my favorites was the Airmen of Note. It is the Air Force Band playing at the Ari Force memorial, which is pretty awesome.

We also went to the National Zoo. It is a beautiful place. Here is Allie and Jared looking at the panda. We also saw elephants, lots of birds, a hippo, and more.

These were my favorites!
After a few days Maddie became quite fond of Nana...to the point that she didn't like to share her. Nora of coarse thinks life a fabulous whenever a camera is out.

We also got to go sailing! Another favorite of mine. Nana stayed at the house with the babies and Jared went kayaking with Matt (thanks again Matt).

Matt and Jared had a great time on the Kayak!

If you have made it through all these picture, WOW! I didn't mean to do so many, but we had such a great time and I took ALOT of pictures. We are sure glad to be home (ten days was a long time) but it was so wonderful being there with Jeanette and see our awesome family. I hope it isn't too long before we go back.

6 comments:

Matt and Jeanette said...

It really was a great 10 days...even when the babies cried...all at the same time! Great pictures. Lets hope the next girls trip is somewhere exotic!! Love you!

C and A said...

Dont EVER apologize for too many pics. That is what makes a blog, and life great! ;) Plus it gives you more opportunities to show off your cute kiddos. ;) yay

Bethany said...

How fun! I loved looking at all the pictures. I'm glad you had such a good time. How neat that you all got to get together. I also LOVE a good Virginia rain storm. I miss those. See you soon!!!

Mendel Family said...

I love, love, love that part of the country! We lived in DC for a couple of months and I couldn't get enough of the Nation's capital!! I miss fireflies, that was my first encounter with them, and I loved watching them at night! It looks like you guys had so much fun!

wendyhcd said...

Looks like you and your kids and fam had a great trip! Fun pics. Too bad you couldn't just hop on up to NYC afterward :). Dave must have been jealous of all the fun you had without him!

Matt and Jeanette said...

Your pictures are better than mine- I linked your blog on my blog for the trip!