Saturday, January 3, 2009

Oh what Fun!

This week I decided I wanted to use some of my Christmas gifts...I have been so excited to pull them out that I was grasping for a reason. Since it was New Years Eve I decided that was reason enough to make a cake. Jared ate the frosting while I put it on the cake. We made a great team. The cake pedestal (which is one of three) was a gift from mom...she also gave me a kit and some instructions on decorating cakes. I am so excited to start learning and making cakes that are pleasing to the eye as well the stomach.
New Years Day Allie was back in town and for Christmas she gave me a FUN cupcake book and so we decided to try some out! It was so fun and if I can say so myself awesome looking!!!

7 comments:

The Liljenquist Family said...

Could it possibly have been "Hello Cupcake"? So much fun!!!! Have fun with your cake decorating, but remember, don't eat to much cake- it will give you a tummy ache! love ya!

Bethany said...

Hey there! I just wanted to say Happy Birthday. Did you make yourself a fancy cake with all your new stuff? I hope you had a great day! Happy happy birthday to you from me!!!!

The Leonards said...

Your cake and cupcakes look so good!!! I don't know what book your mom bought you but the wilton books are really good and cheap. I think you would like them!

Mendel Family said...

I love all the fun decorating! You are very talented!

Matt and Jeanette said...

I love the cupcakes!!!! Will you send me one?

Heidi Henderson said...

Wow... I'm speachless. You go girl!

wendyhcd said...

those cupcakes ARE awesome looking. go Angela! i didn't know you had such sweet culinary skillz. (p.s. i love the new blog background. green makes me happy these days.)