Monday, August 11, 2008

Smiles

I think Nora gave her first smiles away today!!! One went to Jamie, a family friend that I grew up with, and the other went to Bapa (my dad). Can you believe it. She smiled at two people, one of which isn't even related and neither of them were me...or Dave. Ahhhh Oh well it was great to see her respond to someone. She is growing up so fast. It seems like yesterday that we brought Nora home, and now 5 weeks later she is starting to smile and fit into bigger clothes. It is GREAT.

Jared has come to love her too. He asks to hold her three or four times a day, and Jared is so cute holding Nora. He is also trying to say her name. It comes out more like "noorr" or something. Jared also likes to help Nora roll over. He is starting to say new words everyday. Bug and purple are the two he picked up yesterday. He can mimic a lot of other words though in addition to the handful of words he was already saying. It is so fun to watch him grow up and it seems like he has done a lot of that lately.

It is something having these two kids and it is wonderful and exhausting, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

2 comments:

The Leonards said...

That is so cute Nora smiled! I love it when babies first learn, it seems to always light up their little face!

Matt and Jeanette said...

Yeah, I forgot to tell you, but this one day when I was holding Nora she winked at me and then said, "Hi Jeanette" in a really masculine voice. It was all kind of strange. Anyway, I forgot to tell you about it. Hope it doesn't steal anyone's thunder with all the smiles.